The Bach Flower Learning Program
A free, self-paced course from Julian Barnard
Study the 38 classic Bach flower essences with leading expert, Julian Barnard
Embark on a journey to discover the flowers that Dr. Edward Bach found and developed as soul remedies
Study each flower as it was discovered by Dr. Bach and further researched by Julian
Become immersed in the language of plants as a way to understand the essence
Learn about Dr. Bach's history, healing philosophy, and vision for humanity
Who is this course for?
those who are new to flower essences or the Bach flowers
those who are familiar with Bach flowers but could use a refresher
anyone who’d like to deepen their understanding of the Bach flower essences
- A Guide To The Bach Flower Remedies (1979)
- Patterns of Life Force (1987)
- The Healing Herbs of Edward Bach: An Illustrated Guide to the Flower Remedies (1988)
- The Healing Herbs of Edward Bach: A Practical Guide to Making the Remedies (1988)
- Bach Flower Remedies: Form and Function (2002)
- The Bach Flower Remedies – The Essence Within (2010)
- Bach Flower Essences & the Patterning of Water (2016)
- After Bach: Another Side to the Story (2017)
A teaching legacy from the lineage of Dr. Bach
Dr. Edward Bach
After Bach’s death in 1936, his assistant, Nora Weeks, carried on his work at the Bach Centre
Nora Weeks trained Nickie Murray in 1962 and made her a trustee of the Bach Centre
Nickie Murray trained Julian in the 1970s, and together they formed the Bach Educational Programme in 1986
The original Bach Educational Programme was created to bring flower remedies to a wider public, and this tradition continues today
This course is Julian’s flagship Bach Flower Learning Program, offered in its entirety
Here’s what you get with your registration:
- 12+ hours of Julian Barnard’s teaching videos
- Audio recordings of Nickie Murray and Julian Barnard
- Downloadable PDFs of classic text by Edward Bach (Heal Thyself and Free Thyself), plus excerpts from The Collected Writings of Edward Bach
- Downloadable PDF excerpts from Bach Flower Remedies: Form & Function and The Essence Within by Julian Barnard
- Journal prompts and exercises
- Lifetime access
Your Price: FREE
Go at your own pace
Learn about yourself as you learn about the flowers
Dr. Bach believed that self-knowledge is key to a better outcome. Reflecting on ourselves and how we react to situations is a fundamental part of learning how to use flower essences. This course is filled with journal prompts and exercises to help integrate the material.
Follow the curriculum based on the order of Bach’s discoveries, or proceed in the order you’d like! The course can also be used as reference, as needed.
1.1 Finding and Making the First Essences (1928)
1.4 Dr. Bach’s Life and Career
2. Finding Six Flowers (1930)
2.7 Plant Observation
3. Finding Two More Flowers (1931)
3.1 Water Violet
4. The Twelfth Flower (1932)
4.1 Rock Rose
4.2 How Essences Work
4.3 The Twelve Healers
5. The Seven Helpers (1933-34)
5.4 Rock Water
5.7 Wild Oat
6. The Second Nineteen Part One (1935)
6.1 Cherry Plum
6.4 Chestnut Bud
7. The Second Nineteen Part Two (1935)
7.1 Crab Apple
7.4 Star of Bethlehem
7.6 White Chestnut
7.9 Red Chestnut
7.10 Wild Rose
7.12 Sweet Chestnut
7.12 Five Flower Combination
8. The Seven Emotional Groups (1936)
Your Price: FREE
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long will this course be free?
Forever! It is important to Julian Barnard that his course and the original Bach teachings handed down to him remain freely available, as Dr. Bach intended. We share this vision and are deeply committed to carrying on this lineage.
Q. How do I register for this course?
Click on Register at the top of the website.
Q. How do I access the course once I've registered?
Click Sign In on the upper right hand corner of the website.
This will bring you to your Dashboard on our learning platform (and prompt you to login if you are not already logged in).
Click on The Bach Flower Learning Program graphic to access the course.
Q. My password doesn't work, how do I reset my password?
The learning platform does have a system to help you reset your password. Once submitted, check your email including your spam folder for reset instructions.
If you have tried this and do not receive a reset email, please send a message to email@example.com, and we will create a temporary password for you, which you can then update.